What does 1500kcal diet look like? Easy and delicious one day meal plan
Updated: Sep 30, 2020
Weight loss has always been a very popular goal for people. Before wedding, New Year Resolution, reducing chronic disease risks, people tend to think about weight loss!
First, not everyone need to lose weight.
Second, weight loss needs to be gradual and sustainable. Many people may lose weight really fast, but they also gain it back really fast. Or weight loss strategies are not sustainable. Skipping dinner? Avoiding carbohydrate? Many these approaches don't fit people's long term lifestyle. Not only so, it may cause nutrient deficiencies.
Third, people sometimes are too concerned about daily calorie intake. Weight loss should include healthy meal pattern and meet all the nutrient requirements.
What does 1500kcal diet look like in a day? Let's take a look：
Overnight cooked oats
1. Put oats in a mason jar and pour in milk or other plant based milk.
2. Add a layer of banana
3. Add greek yogurt on top
4. Add another layer of dragon fruit and mango
5. Place it in fridge overnight
6.You can heat it up or eat cold in the morning. Enjoy!
Quinoa salad with prawns
1. Rinse the quinoa under running water for at least 30 seconds. Drain well.
2. Make quinoa as per instruction on the package (add water to quinoa and boil over medium-high heat until the quinoa has absorbed all the water
3. Remove the pot from heat, cover, and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes.
4. Prepare and chop cucumber, bell pepper, parsley and tomato into small pieces
5. I used canned beans here or you can cook and prepare from dried beans. Open a canned black beans, rinse it with running water
6. Let's start assembly: 3/4 cup quinoa （cooked and cooled down), 1/4 cup cucumber, 1/4 cup bell pepper, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 cup tomato. Drizzle on top 2tbsp lemon juice and 1tbsp olive oil.
7.Mix everything. Enjoy!
1. Make 2 skewers of prawn (3 prawns on each skewer)
2.Sprinkle salt and pepper on top the prawns
3. Brush the prawns with some oil
4. Bake it until cooked
Chia puddling (afternoon snack)
1. In a mason jar, add chia seed. Pour milk over. Mix them thoroughly. And let it sit for at least 20 minutes or in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
2. Add a layer of cacao powder on top of the chia seed pudding.
3. Sprinkle some chopped nuts on top.
4. Mix everything. Enjoy!
Chicken lettuce wrap with sweet potato fries
4 servings in total
Chicken lettuce wrap
1. Cut chicken breast into cubes
2. Cut onion into small pieces
3. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and stir fry for about 2 minutes and then add chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes
4. Add pea and chestnut to the mixture
4.Stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce and chili garlic sauce.
5. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper (to taste). Add some green onions on top of the dish
6.To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf
Sweet potato fries:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
2.Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fry-shaped pieces about ¼″ wide and ¼″ thick.
3.Rinse the fries with running water and dry them properly after
4.Drizzle some oil over the fries and toss until the fries are lightly and evenly coated
5.Arrange the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until tender and golden brown (for about 20 to 30 minutes). You can flip the fries in the middle so they can cook on all sides.
6. Enjoy! If desired, toss the baked fries with seasonings such as salt, ground black pepper and cayenne pepper.
Total calorie: around 1543kcal for all the recipes
If you have any nutrition questions or would like to have customized meal plans, please contact Elaine to book one on one nutrition consultation.